I just returned yesterday from Franklin, TN and the MS Ride "Bike to Jack and Back." They have hills in Tennessee! Lots of hills. Being a flat lands rider, it is a shock to the legs to ride all those hills.
The Long Route (75 miles) on Saturday took from the Page High School left to the Peytonville-Trinity Road and then to highway 431 for a short jog and then for a bit on Bethesda Road. After our first stop at the Bethesda Market (13.4 miles) we veered onto Pulltight Road and got to enjoy the biggest climb of the weekend. As mountains go, this was a little one; according to Google Maps, it looks like we only climbed about 200 feet, but we did that in about 1/2 mile. It was a hard climb. Kevin has pictures from the top as well as me when I reached the top. Both are worth seeing. When I get them from him, maybe I'll add them to this blog.
Nothing the rest of the day compared to that climb. There were lots of additional hills to work the muscles, but nothing compared to Pulltight. Everyone that rode the 75 talked about Pulltight on Saturday night. Please note that on the ride down from Pulltight, I hit 42 mph without pedaling. And the downhill was probably twice as long as the uphill. Fortunately, on Sunday, we took a different route so we didn't have to encounter Pulltight again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment