I think I can say, for me, the biking season is done. I haven't even ridden to work in the last week. Once it gets to the point where the daily high isn't going to get above freezing, I abandon the bike. Taking the bus is too convenient, although yesterday I missed the bus by 50' so I ended up walking to work. I thought about going back after the bike, but that would have meant change shoes and the coat, so I didn't.
Those that are still out biking to the office or class need to be sure they have adequate lights on their bikes. I have seen a lot of bikers who have little or no lights on themselves or the bike. That is just foolish and dangerous. Even stupid. My goal, and it should be the goal of every biker, is to be seen on the road. When I do ride at this time of year when it gets dark so early, I have six lights on my bike and I wear a reflective vest. I want to be seen!
Looking forward to spring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment