Wednesday, September 30, 2009

More on W.R.A.T.H.

Sunday was only slightly better than Saturday. It wasn't raining when we started the ride, but it misted and drizzled a lot of the day. For some reason (the lousy weather) the Society decided to cancel the long route (75 miles), so that let only the 44 mile route as the long option. That route took us back through Custer State Park With the mist and fog, we missed seeing any buffalo. However, on the ride, I did see several flocks of wild turkeys.

What I didn't do is figure out how to use my new Garmin Edge 705 GPS. And that is unfortunate, because I could have had a map of the route that would have helped me remember and retrace my steps. I have since figured out how to use the device and have used it to record several rides. I am still trying to figure out how to create and edit routes, but I think that will come with time.

Here is a picture from Saturday.

Click here to view these pictures larger

No comments: